ClearStory Data, recently named a Visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, ranked in the top three of 24 vendors in three of the report’s five use case categories
MENLO PARK, CA — April 12, 2016 – ClearStory Data, the company bringing business-oriented Data Intelligence to everyone through fast-cycle, disparate data analysis, today announced the 2016 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms report* has recognized ClearStory across five use cases across 15 critical capability areas.
According to Gartner, the critical capabilities “are attributes that differentiate products/services in a class in terms of their quality and performance. Gartner recommends that users consider the set of critical capabilities as some of the most important criteria for acquisition decisions.” Critical capabilities range from BI Platform Administration, Ease of Use, Security and User Administration, Self-Contained ETL and Data Storage, and Self-Service Data Preparation.
After extensive evaluation as part of Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms**, Gartner ranked ClearStory Data as one of top three BI and Analytics vendors with the highest product scores in three use case categories: Governed Data Discovery, Decentralized Analytics and Extranet Deployment. Gartner also ranked ClearStory within the top five vendors for Centralized BI Provisioning and Embedded BI. ClearStory debuted as a Visionary in the latest Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms.
The Gartner report states that: “The BI market has shifted to more user-driven, agile development of visual, interactive dashboards with data from a broader range of sources. Data and analytics leaders should augment IT-centric, reporting-based platforms with modern platforms that improve business value and speed time to insight. By 2020, 80 percent of all enterprise reporting will be based on modern business intelligence and analytics platforms.The remaining 20 percent will still be on IT-centric, reporting-based platforms because the risk to change outweighs value.”
“Gartner’s Critical Capabilities report is a valuable resource for organizations needing to identify and select the best BI and analytics platform,” says Tim Howes, CTO of ClearStory Data. “We believe our scores achieved across all use cases highlight how ClearStory is leading the way in addressing a broad market shift for everyday business people to be able to access and blend disparate data and be more self-reliant in reaching deeper insights.”
ClearStory Data’s Spark-based solution and business-ready user application deliver intelligent data matching when combining disparate sources, rapid automated data harmonization and a visual, user-guided approach to eliminate the otherwise onerous task of data prep, data modeling and data blending through built-in smarts that speed business results.
To experience ClearStory directly, request a free trial at: http://www.clearstorydata.com/trial.
*Gartner, Inc., “Critical Capabilities for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms” by Cindi Howson, Josh Parenteau, Rita L. Sallam, Thomas W. Oestreich, Joao Tapadinhas, Kurt Schlegel, March 10, 2016.
** Gartner, Inc., “Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligences and Analytics Platforms” by Josh Parenteau, Rita L. Sallam, Cindi Howson, Joao Tapadinhas, Kurt Schlegel, Thomas W. Oestreich, February 04, 2016
About Gartner’s Critical Capabilities
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About ClearStory Data
ClearStory Data is bringing Data Intelligence to everyone to accelerate the way business leaders get answers from more data, on a faster cycle, across any number of disparate data sources. ClearStory Data’s solution simplifies data access to internal and external sources, automates data harmonization via Intelligent Data Harmonization™ across disparate data, enables fast, collaborative exploration, and reduces business wait time for insights via Interactive, Collaborative StoryBoards™. ClearStory Data lets business users be more self-reliant in reaching richer, faster insights. Its end-to-end solution includes an integrated Spark-based data processing platform and an incredibly simple user application model for business consumption of insights. The company is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA and backed by Andreessen Horowitz, DAG Ventures, Google Ventures, Khosla Ventures and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB).
Sr. Director, Corporate Marketing