Our team is currently recruiting for a Pre-Sales Engineer who will apply technical expertise, customer relationship building, and team selling skills in order to support the sale of ClearStory Data products and services. This support includes, but is not limited to: pre-sales strategy planning, technical fit qualification, professional product demonstrations, and applying business intelligence industry knowledge and competitive expertise throughout the sales cycle to win business. As one of the primary customer-facing advocates, the Pre-Sales Engineer is a member of the Technical Sales team but also cross functions with product management, engineering, and marketing in addition to being responsible for the success of technical evaluations and perceived value of the technical solution. The Pre-Sales Engineer supports multiple account executives and must be able to identify, prioritize, manage, and communicate issues both internally and externally.
- Technical Evangelist in real world Business Intelligence use cases and applications
- Qualify prospects based on business need and technical fit
- Prepare and deliver product presentations and demonstrations that directly address business and technical requirements
- Provide pre-sales technical support for a successful evaluation and short sales cycle
- Contribute product and solution knowledge for our internal and shared communities.
- Hands-on implementations of prototypes on the ClearStory Data platform & tools
- Create and lead ad-hoc technical teams of internal resources to solve critical problems
- Solution design and architecture documentation
- Own customer relationships with the technical decision makers
- Experience with Solution Selling involving multiple software, hardware, SaaS systems and integration with a customer’s 3rd party applications
- Experience performing discovery of business requirements and mapping technical solutions
- Production or operational reporting development and deployment of BI systems
- SQL and relational database knowledge and relational OLAP analysis
- System administration and application integration/ETL
- Experience with Hadoop, HIVE, HBase, Spark, and similar products/technologies.
- Executive presence and outstanding presentation skills
- 10-25% Travel
- BSCS or equivalent job experience
ClearStory Data offers very competitive compensation packages that include complete benefits, company stock options and many other perks. For immediate consideration, you are invited to share a confidential resume to email@example.com.